Dynamic instrumental variables in a system GMM

For technical questions regarding estimation of single equations, systems, VARs, Factor analysis and State Space Models in EViews. General econometric questions and advice should go in the Econometric Discussions forum.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

remuct

Dynamic instrumental variables in a system GMM

Postby remuct » Fri Jul 05, 2024 2:08 am

Hi,
I would like to know how I can declare dynamic instrumental variables for a system of equations that I want to estimate using GMM. The tutorial indicates that for a single equation one can declare a dynamic instrument X by specifying @dyn(X) after the separator @. Can I do the same thing with systems? I tried :
system_name.gmm @ @dyn(x)
with different choices for x (gdp, spread,...) but I get the message "No instrument list specified"
Thank you for your advice

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: Dynamic instrumental variables in a system GMM

Postby EViews Gareth » Fri Jul 05, 2024 2:51 am

Might be best to use the dialog wizard to specify your dpd, and then use the command capture to view the command line form.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

remuct

Postby remuct » Fri Jul 05, 2024 6:05 am

Thank you for your response. However please forgive me, I couldn't really understand what I should do. What is meant by using the dialog wizard to specify my dpd, what does dpd refer to?

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Postby EViews Gareth » Fri Jul 05, 2024 1:25 pm

Dynamic instruments are only available for dynamic panel data (dpd). Presumably that's what you're estimating?
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

Return to “Estimation”