Inconsistent behaviour of graphics commands in programs vs commandline in panel wfs

For notifying us of what you believe are bugs or errors in EViews.
Please ensure your copy of EViews is up-to-date before posting.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

mamo

Inconsistent behaviour of graphics commands in programs vs commandline in panel wfs

Postby mamo » Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:17 am

Dear Eviews team,

I use Eviews 12 Mar 22 2021 build

In a panel workfile, graphics commands such as "line" or "bar" give differentl results when used within a program compared to a call from the command line.

The code below produces a graph which does not allow to change the date format of the date axis labels. Actually, it seems that the date strcuture is not recognised in the graph: it seems to be based on observation numbers rather than dates.

However, if the line command "line x" is invoked from the command line, The date axis of the resulting graph seems to be based on proper dates, offereing the flexible date formatting options for the date axis labels - a feature I wish would also be available within a programme.

This affects also the placement of drawing elements such as vertical lines. The graph generated from the command line allows setting a vertical line at, for instance, 2005Q4, whereas the graph generated by a programme requires an observation number for the placement of a vertical line.

Could you in future versions of Eviews implement the more flexible date approach described above also in programs?

Kind regards, mamo

Code: Select all

wfcreate q 2000 2010 2
series x=@crossid*10
smpl @all if @crossid=1
line x

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: Inconsistent behaviour of graphics commands in programs vs commandline in panel wfs

Postby EViews Gareth » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:41 am

Hi Mamo.

I'm not sure I can replicate this - it appears as though both ways of issuing the command behave the same. Your version of 12 is a little out of date, so that might be the reason.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

Return to “Bug Reports”