Error in using FRB/US supply side package in EViews 11

For notifying us of what you believe are bugs or errors in EViews.
Please ensure your copy of EViews is up-to-date before posting.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

joshi27s

Error in using FRB/US supply side package in EViews 11

Postby joshi27s » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:51 am

Hi, I am trying to run the program in FRB/US supply-side package. It contains two programs and three subroutines. To run, I did:

run frbus_supply_estimation

Then, to create the estimates of the states, I typed:

run frbus_supply_filter

It resulted in the following error:
Screen Shot 2020-06-20 at 10.39.44 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-20 at 10.39.44 AM.png (117.48 KiB) Viewed 6666 times

Could you please help me resolve the error?

EViews Steve
EViews Developer

Re: Error in using FRB/US supply side package in EViews 11

Postby EViews Steve » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:21 pm

While these are EViews programs you are running, it would be more appropriate to ask the people that actually wrote the program, since they know most about it.

But I did do a quick google search for "FRM/US supply side package" and found the zip file you're running these programs from. I found opened the frbus_supply_filter.prg and looked for the COPY command that is being used. Here's the command lines (showing 1 before and 1 after):

Code: Select all

wfopen saved_results
copy saved_results::untitled\saved_results kf_data::untitled\{%modname}
wfclose saved_results
freeze({%modname}_results) {%modname}.ml(m=100,showopts)

It looks like the copy command is trying to copy an object named "saved_results" from the Untitled page in the saved_results.wf1 workfile. I found a workfile with that name in the zip file and looked in it and there isn't any object named "saved_results" in there.

I then looked at the end of the first program you are running (frbus_supply_estimation.prg) and it saves a new workfile named saved_results_new.wf1.

Code: Select all

wfsave saved_results_new

Perhaps the saved_results object is in that workfile instead?

These are just guesses on my part since I don't know the details of what these programs are trying to do. But I would open the saved_results_new workfile that was saved by the first program to see if there's an object in there named "saved_results". If so, then the second program is just opening the wrong workfile. Or the first program is saving the results with the wrong name. In either case, it's a bug with their program.

Steve

joshi27s

Re: Error in using FRB/US supply side package in EViews 11

Postby joshi27s » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:05 pm

Than you, Steve, for the helpful explanation. It turns out that the object "saved_results", is indeed within the saved_results_new workfile.

Return to “Bug Reports”