Blewey!!!!!

For notifying us of what you believe are bugs or errors in EViews.
Please ensure your copy of EViews is up-to-date before posting.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

startz
Non-normality and collinearity are NOT problems!

Blewey!!!!!

Postby startz » Wed May 20, 2020 6:27 pm

Open/Foreign data as workfile
open attached RData file. EViews shows a workfile with just C and resid and then blows up. Did it twice.

Don't know if it's generic or maybe has something to do with the R setup, although I am as generic as possible.

Okay, the EViews gods are more annoyed with me than usual. The forum won't let me attach the data file. Says invalid file extension.

EViews Steve
EViews Developer

Re: Blewey!!!!!

Postby EViews Steve » Wed May 20, 2020 9:55 pm

Send me the rdata file to steve@eviews.com and I’ll try to recreate it. What version of r do you have EViews using?

EViews Steve
EViews Developer

Postby EViews Steve » Thu May 21, 2020 11:19 am

Thanks for the file.

I was able to reproduce the error/crash. It was caused by a data conversion issue (specifically string to number) not being properly handled by EViews. For now, if you remove the "Date" string column from your SP500 object, you'll be able to import the object into a new workfile.

The main issue is that EViews was trying to read your entire SP500 object as numeric only -- it didn't properly recognize the string Date column. Our code base in many ways assumes a basic container object (like your SP500 list object) could only contain a single data type.

Anyways, I've made changes to support looking for column data types in basic R containers.

Also, I noticed your "theDate" column that was reporting itself as a Date type which we didn't have support for, so I added this as well. With this, "theDate" column is now being read in as a date series.

These changes will be released in our next patch.

startz
Non-normality and collinearity are NOT problems!

Postby startz » Thu May 21, 2020 11:24 am

Super Steve. Much appreciated.

Return to “Bug Reports”