graph.datalabel: do not erase all data labels but the last (first) one with option point(last) (point(first))

For making suggestions and/or requests for new features you'd like added to EViews.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

mamo

graph.datalabel: do not erase all data labels but the last (first) one with option point(last) (point(first))

Postby mamo » Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:10 am

Dear Eviews team
I use Eviews 13 October 17 2022 build.
Kindly consider to adjust the behaviour of the datalabel command for graph objects so that the command with the option point(last) (or point(first)) does not erase pre-existing datalabels except for the last (or the first) one. I.e., the command should work only for the data points specified and leave the datalabels for the other datapoints unchanged.
See example code below.
Well, in that case one would also like to have the option to delete all datalabels or just the first or the last one. My 2nd suggestion therefore is to adjust the datalabel command so that the empty string in the label option, i.e.: x.datalabel point([all/first/last]) label("") erases the respective data labels.

Best, mamo

Code: Select all

wfcreate a 2000 2022
series x=nrnd
freeze(mode=overwrite, gra) x.line
gra.setelem(1) symbol(dotobslabel)
show gra
' Make each data point saying "Hello" to you:
gra.datalabel point(all) label(Hello)
'Tthe last data point says "Good by" to you as expected. But, unexpectedly, the others or no longer saying "Hello":
gra.datalabel point(last) label(Good By)

Return to “Suggestions and Requests”