copy everything except c and resid

For requesting general information about EViews, sharing your own tips and tricks, and information on EViews training or guides.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

mboll

copy everything except c and resid

Postby mboll » Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:18 am

Hi.
I would like to copy everything from one wf (closed) to another existing wf (which is open) using copy, like this:
Copy old.wf1::q\* q\*

However, every time I do that I have to rename c and resid. Is there any way around that?
I tried drop-function so that I wont copy c and resid from old wf to the new one but it doesn't work for me.

%all = @Wdrop ("*","c resid")
Copy old.wf1::q\{%all} q\

Grateful for all help!

MartinsFest

Re: copy everything except c and resid

Postby MartinsFest » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:24 am

There are some options for the command. Try "copy(merge)" for example. There's also an "overwrite"-option and a "protect"-option. For example, try "copy(merge, protect)". This will avoid overwriting any same-named objects in the destination page, and make it so your program doesn't raise an error.

PS: If the frequency from the source is different to the destination, you might also have to specify some type of frequency conversion.

Here's the documentation for the command you're using: https://www.eviews.com/help/helpintro.html#page/content/commandcmd-copy.html

mboll

Re: copy everything except c and resid

Postby mboll » Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:50 am

Thank you! Worked very well with the merge and protect-options!

Return to “General Information and Tips and Tricks”