Tables that change? ...or how to save customized series formats from Groups?

For requesting general information about EViews, sharing your own tips and tricks, and information on EViews training or guides.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

capuchin

Tables that change? ...or how to save customized series formats from Groups?

Postby capuchin » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:44 pm

I regularly run and update a model, and I like to look at how certain series in the model change with each update or modification. I usually use groups to create tables for this purpose, but I am wondering if there is a better tool. Often, I want to look at both the quarterly and annual results of a model, which I usually do by changing my group's view to Dated Data Table. Many of my series need to be summed annually, and I also like to see annual percent changes, so I do a lot with the Series Format options in the Dated Data Table view. However, if I ever close the group, when I re-open it the group is in Spreadsheet view, and all of the formatting I previously did in Dated Data Table mode is gone if I switch over. Is there some way to keep this formatting in place?

I tried freezing the Dated Data Table into a Table, but the problem here is that a) I cannot edit the underlying data (i.e., an exogenous variable or add factor) from the Table and b) the Table does not update when I re-solve or update the model. So this is not a solution at all for me.

Is there a tool I don't know about, a way to preserve my formatting of Dated Data Tables, or a trick to making a Table directly linked to the data like a Group is?

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: Tables that change? ...or how to save customized series formats from Groups?

Postby EViews Gareth » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:53 pm

Use the templates feature of the DDT.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

Return to “General Information and Tips and Tricks”