Graph in a Spool issue

For requesting general information about EViews, sharing your own tips and tricks, and information on EViews training or guides.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

LMGZ

Graph in a Spool issue

Postby LMGZ » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:51 am

Hello:

I have created a graph merging several other graphs, then I align it and insert some text and everything looks ok. The problem is that when I add it to a Spool it loses its spacing and general configuration. How can I fix this issue, here is my code:

graph gr1.merge g1 g2 g3 g4

gr1.align(5,0.5,3)

gr1.addtext(11,-1, font(arial,25,b)) "XXXXXXX"
gr1.addtext(11,5, font(arial,25,b)) "YYYYYYY"

spool sp1
sp1.append gr1 gr2
show sp1

In the spool in gr1, the text is over the graphs and they are not aligned as they used to be in gr1 before.

Thanks for your help in advance

LMGZ

EViews Jason
EViews Developer

Re: Graph in a Spool issue

Postby EViews Jason » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:06 pm

I would first check that your copy of EViews is up to date (select help->EViews update).

Assuming you are up to date, please post screenshots of the graph and of the spool containing the graph or send both screenshots to support@eviews.com and reference this thread.

On a side note, in your example you wrote:
sp1.append gr1 gr2
I presume you don't need gr2. Is that correct?

LMGZ

Postby LMGZ » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:17 pm

I will take some time for me to get the latest patch since it needs to go through some bureaucratic channels.
In the meantime, regarding the “gr2” in the spool, I do have several other graphs appended to the spool and they all seem to be losing their specific configuration once appended. Moreover, it seems that the “align” command configuration is the one being overridden because the added text seems to be fine in the spool’s graphs.

EViews Jason
EViews Developer

Postby EViews Jason » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:42 am

What is the build date of your copy of EViews (select help->About EViews)?

If you like, you can send an email to support@eviews.com along with your program and workfile and we can verify that it runs correctly on the latest build.

Return to “General Information and Tips and Tricks”