How do I configure a user's settings/.ini-file?

For requesting general information about EViews, sharing your own tips and tricks, and information on EViews training or guides.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

MartinsFest

How do I configure a user's settings/.ini-file?

Postby MartinsFest » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:52 am

Hello,

It would be advantageous for us to configure some of our user's settings to be the same, such that graphs looks identical and such that users don't leave a ~RG-file every time they do minor changes in a program.

I see there are some .ini-files, and I assume I will have to make a program that modifies/overwrites the user's file. How do I retreive the path of the ini-file folder for each user?

And any tips on how to modify the ini-files? Does each setting need to be in the order they originally are in and modified in place, or can I append the new settings at the end of the ini-file and the settings will update? How do I modify the graph-settings?

If modifying the files is not the way to go, how would I otherwise solve this?

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: How do I configure a user's settings/.ini-file?

Postby EViews Gareth » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:28 am

Most of the .ini files are just text files. The order of the line inside the text files don't matter. You can use any external text editing application to modify them.

Graphics settings are in the Graph ini files. They are not text files, so cannot be modified.

You can copy the graph.ini file from one person to another though.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

Return to “General Information and Tips and Tricks”