Dependency Graph Export

For requesting general information about EViews, sharing your own tips and tricks, and information on EViews training or guides.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

CNR15

Dependency Graph Export

Postby CNR15 » Thu May 12, 2022 2:02 am

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has successfully exported a dependency graph as GraphML format? I have tried to do this but the external package doesn't seem to pick up the linkages.

Thanks,

CNR

EViews Matt
EViews Developer

Re: Dependency Graph Export

Postby EViews Matt » Thu May 12, 2022 11:24 am

Hello,

Which software are you using to import the GraphML file generated by EViews? Unfortunately, as with many data formats in the XML family, GraphML is more a syntactic specification than a semantic specification. By this I mean that while a GraphML file can store many types of information about a graph, there is no universal way to interpret that data, and thus different software suites interpret GraphML files in different ways (a portability nightmare). For example, while the tool Gephi correctly interprets the node location data stored in EViews' GraphML files, I'm aware that the tool yEd does not. In effect, each software package understands only it's own "version" of GraphML, so there are going to be interoperability issues.

CNR15

Re: Dependency Graph Export

Postby CNR15 » Fri May 13, 2022 5:48 am

Thanks for that Matt - very helpful. I was trying with yEd and had no joy. I will explore other options.

CNR

Return to “General Information and Tips and Tricks”