bloomberg fetch error

For questions regarding programming in the EViews programming language.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Moderator, EViews Matt

amrsherif

bloomberg fetch error

Postby amrsherif » Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:06 am

Hello,

I have been having trouble fetching bloomberg series since yesterday morning. The error is one that i have never seen before: Database error: Bloomberg library error: "Workflow Review Needed"

ANy idea what could be causing this?

I am using EViews 12: Aug 11, 2021
And same error with EViews 10, Feb 5 2020 build

EViews Steve
EViews Developer

Re: bloomberg fetch error

Postby EViews Steve » Wed Apr 13, 2022 1:27 pm

Our Bloomberg dev is out this week, but that looks like an error being reported by Bloomberg itself as I can't find any reference to "Workflow Review Needed" within our own code base.

Our "Bloomberg Connectivity" page says:
In order to use the Bloomberg connection to EViews, you must have the Bloomberg Professional application software installed on the machine running EViews Enterprise 8.1, and you must have a currently active subscription to Bloomberg and be able to log into the Bloomberg Professional terminal on your machine.

Note that the Bloomberg database extension for EViews currently only supports Bloomberg Desktop API configurations. Bloomberg Server API and B-Pipe configurations are not currently supported by EViews.

I assume you can login to "Bloomberg Professional terminal" on the same computer without problems and it is running when you try your connection from EViews?

amrsherif

Postby amrsherif » Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:09 am

Yes the PC has a functioning bloomberg terminal with an active subscription. I've been fetching from bloomberg for many years (8 years? maybe more). It just stopped working suddently 3 days ago.
I can open te database in EViews ("open bloomberg" in the command prompt). but unable to view or export the series.

I will ask Bloomberg directly and see

amrsherif

Postby amrsherif » Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:17 am

I just tried their API in python i got the same error. Can confirm that it is not an EViews issue

Thank you

Return to “Programming”