Inquiry Regarding Graphs and Regression Analysis in EViews

For technical questions regarding estimation of single equations, systems, VARs, Factor analysis and State Space Models in EViews. General econometric questions and advice should go in the Econometric Discussions forum.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

pari@pariyadav.com

Inquiry Regarding Graphs and Regression Analysis in EViews

Postby pari@pariyadav.com » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:46 am

Dear EViews Helpline,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently conducting research on the influence of geographic distance on mortgage lending terms in the US, utilizing EViews for data analysis. As part of my analysis, I am interested in creating graphs and performing regression analysis to gain insights into the relationships between various variables.

Here are the key variables of interest in my study:

Geographic Distance
Demographic Factors:
Income
Property Value
Loan Terms:
Loan Amount
Interest Rate
Loan-to-Value Ratio

To represent geographic distance, I intend to create a dummy variable to allow for nuanced insights into how different distance categories influence mortgage lending terms. Furthermore, I aim to explore the interaction effects between income, property value, and geographic distance to understand the disparities in lending terms due to physical remoteness.

However, I have encountered challenges in implementing regression analysis in EViews. I attempted to specify the regression equation as follows:

Interest_rate=derived_sex+Applicant_Age+Income+Property_Value+Loan_Amount+Loan-to-Value Ratio

Yet, I received errors stating that "c," "r," "b1," etc., are not defined, along with syntax errors. Could you please provide guidance on how to correctly specify the regression equation and address these issues?

Additionally, I would appreciate any insights on creating graphs in EViews to visualize the relationships between these variables effectively.

Please note that my dataset spans from 2018 to 2022, with each year containing more than 10,000 rows of data.

Thank you very much for your assistance. I look forward to your response.

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: Inquiry Regarding Graphs and Regression Analysis in EViews

Postby EViews Gareth » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:11 am

Recommend starting with the online tutorials:
https://eviews.com/Learning/index.html

Lesson 12 most appropriate.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

Return to “Estimation”