conditional covariance with mgarch dcc

For technical questions regarding estimation of single equations, systems, VARs, Factor analysis and State Space Models in EViews. General econometric questions and advice should go in the Econometric Discussions forum.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

ayca79

conditional covariance with mgarch dcc

Postby ayca79 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:04 am

Hello,

I need to find conditional covariances between two variables. My method is mgarch dcc. When I run mgarch dcc codes, it produces garch(1), garch(2) and rho. I calculate covariance as

covariance=rho*(garch(1)*(garch(2))

as the codes don't produce covariances, it must be the way to estimate covariances .

However, I also estimated the covariances with mgarch ccc which produces the covariances. And mgarch ccc produces better results than dcc in my research so I felt dubious whether covariance=rho*(garch(1)*(garch(2)) might be wrong or I have missed something.

Thank you very much,

trubador
Did you use forum search?

Re: conditional covariance with mgarch dcc

Postby trubador » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:36 am

You should take the square roots of variances before multiplying them to compute the covariance.

ayca79

Postby ayca79 » Wed May 06, 2015 7:09 am

Thank you. I took squareroots of garch series when multiplying the conditioanl covariances. But I wrote in the post without the square roots by mistake. So I did it right then. Thank you.

BISMA

Postby BISMA » Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:55 am

Hello! My name is Bisma Raina.
Could you kindly share the codes of mgarch DCC?
Thank you.

Return to “Estimation”