Import Linux based table

For questions regarding the import, export and manipulation of data in EViews, including graphing and basic statistics.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Steve, EViews Moderator

pelleenglund

Import Linux based table

Postby pelleenglund » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:38 am

Hello,

I am trying to import a px table that has been created in Linux. It works fine, except that some special Swedish letters (å, ä and ö) translates into e.g. Ã¥. If I import the same table that has been created in Windows, this does not happen, and it works excellent. The simple code I use is:

Text info
info.append(file) Path to the px table

Do you know why it differs between Windows and Linux? And if I can get the same result (with å, ä and ö) showing up with Linux based tables?

Best regards,
Pelle

EViews Jason
EViews Developer

Re: Import Linux based table

Postby EViews Jason » Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:29 pm

That's really going to depend on the applications used to create the px files. Since they were from 2 different systems, I am going to presume the executable on the Linux machine is not the same the executable being using on the Windows machine and will therefore have different behavior.

If you post both files, I can compare the 2 files and give you a more detailed explanation.

pelleenglund

Postby pelleenglund » Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:06 am

Thanks Jason. Apparently, I can't attach file with extension .px. Can I email them?

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Postby EViews Gareth » Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:41 am

Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

Return to “Data Manipulation”