Data frequency conversion: how to convert quarterly y-o-y data to plain q-o-q change format

For questions regarding the import, export and manipulation of data in EViews, including graphing and basic statistics.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Steve, EViews Moderator

aartemenkov

Data frequency conversion: how to convert quarterly y-o-y data to plain q-o-q change format

Postby aartemenkov » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:41 am

Dear forum participants,
I have a question not addressed by data frequency conversion help guidances in E-views. I have a data series reflecting y-o-y change in quarterly format (e.g. how GDP changed in the year to Q32020 compared to the year to Q3in 2019) I want to have these data converted into a plain q-o-q form, i.e. to reflect how this quarter's GDP changed compared to the previous quarter's.
Probably others have encountered a same problem and maybe some of you now the routines for that.
Will be most gratefull for any help.
Regards,
Andrey Artemenkov

johansamuelsson

Re: Data frequency conversion: how to convert quarterly y-o-y data to plain q-o-q change format

Postby johansamuelsson » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:55 pm

Hi Andrey

This has actulay nothing to do with Eviews, instead, it is a mathematical problem.

Unfortunately, this is not possible because you do not have any information about the actual level of the variable for each quarter.

Regards Johan

Return to “Data Manipulation”