Chow Lin interpolation

For questions regarding the import, export and manipulation of data in EViews, including graphing and basic statistics.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Steve, EViews Moderator

dholland

Chow Lin interpolation

Postby dholland » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:11 am

Please can you tell me how to apply the Chow Lin frequency conversion, with indicator series in EViews 9? When I go to the properties of a series, and the freq convert panel, and select one of the Chow Lin options, there does not seem to be a space to enter the name of an indicator series. I tried using the command line:

copy(c=chowlins, @indicator(money_supply_m2_vol)) Annual\GROSS_DOMESTIC_PRODUCT_A *

But that also doesn't seem to be using the correct indicator. Please can you advise?
Many thanks!! Dawn

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: Chow Lin interpolation

Postby EViews Gareth » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:19 am

Interactively, you do it via copy and paste special.

Command line:

Code: Select all

copy(c=chowlins) Annual\GROSS_DOMESTIC_PRODUCT_A *  @indicator money_supply_m2_vol
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

dholland

Postby dholland » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:21 am

Got it. Many thanks!

Hammedm

Postby Hammedm » Wed May 19, 2021 7:19 pm

Dear Colleagues,

I have trouble using Chow Lin Methodology to interpolate a missing data. I got an annual data that is available every three years and another annual data (low frequency) and intend to use it to interpolate the missing values with the other variable.

Apart from using Chow Lin for disaggregation, Is possible to use it to fill the missing observation? I need your suggestions, please.

Return to “Data Manipulation”