Tweaking Graph Element Format

For questions regarding the import, export and manipulation of data in EViews, including graphing and basic statistics.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Steve, EViews Moderator

MarMal

Tweaking Graph Element Format

Postby MarMal » Tue Jun 04, 2024 4:26 pm

Hello,

I would like to ask two questions about tweaking and adjusting graph formats in EViews. My first question is whether tweaking the length of the tick marks on the date axis for time-series graphs, such as line or bar charts, is possible on EViews 13. I am working with quarterly series and would like to have a small tick on the time (bottom) axis each quarter, but then also a substantially longer tick at the end of each year. At the moment, however, the end-of-year ticks are just marginally longer than the quarterly ticks, and it is hard to tell the difference unless the graph is zoomed in. Is there any way to manually adjust the length, so that it is easier to tell where a year ends? Ideally through a command, as I would like to include this into a programme file. My date format is "Quarter Year" (YYYY[Q]Q) with 'automatic label and tick placement' and 'ticks outside axis'. I had a look at the documentation and other posts on this forum, but could not find an answer. Any help on this would be appreciated.

My second question concerns the possibility of adding labels to each wedge in a (single-period) pie chart. What I mean is whether a command is available to add the percentage share of each item, e.g. 25%, 30%, etc. onto the pie chart. I saw an earlier post on this Forum which mentioned this was not possible, but that was on EViews 8, I believe. Has this feature become available since, or is this something you would consider adding in future releases? This would likely save a lot of time to people working with pie charts. Thank you!

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: Tweaking Graph Element Format

Postby EViews Gareth » Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:54 pm

Unfortunately neither are possible.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

MarMal

Postby MarMal » Wed Jun 05, 2024 10:54 pm

Hello Gareth,

Thank you. Is this something that you are considering including in future releases? I saw that the Beta version of EViews 14 is out now. Thanks!

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Postby EViews Gareth » Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:42 am

They're not on the roadmap, but we'll make a note.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

MarMal

Postby MarMal » Sat Jun 08, 2024 1:49 am

Great - thank you!

Return to “Data Manipulation”