Help with registering add-in

For tips, questions and general information about writing Add-ins, how to package them, and how to submit them to EViews for publication.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

Elderfield.A

Help with registering add-in

Postby Elderfield.A » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:31 pm

Hi,

My guess this has been asked before, so I apologise for repeating. I need some help with registering my add-in. I want to be able to open a series object / group object and be able to click to procs -> add-ins and run my add in (which is a program which runs fine when I click run on the program). I'm not sure what exactly I need to write in my install program for this to work, below is my (incorrect attempt)

Code: Select all

addin(type="global", desc=" runs the program ") "file path where program is saved"

I do this, but when open a series / group in my workfile there is no add-in available. Also, I chose "global" as my type, as I want this to work on both series and groups and I couldn't find any reference in the documentation as to how to deal with multiple object types?

Even declaring this type as global, I cant find any way to access this add-in via any of the menus?

Thanks

Adam

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: Help with registering add-in

Postby EViews Gareth » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:49 pm

If you want it to appear on the series proc window, you have to register it as a series proc, not global. Same if you want it to appear as a group proc. If you want it to appear on both series and group proc windows, you have to register it twice.

Other than that I don't immediately see anything wrong.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

Elderfield.A

Postby Elderfield.A » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:16 pm

Great thanks! And registering it twice is simply a matter of updating my install program to the following?

Code: Select all

addin(type="series", desc=" runs the program ") "file path where program is saved"
addin(type="group", desc=" runs the program ") "file path where program is saved"

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Postby EViews Gareth » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:33 pm

Aye
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

Elderfield.A

Postby Elderfield.A » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:52 pm

This didn't actually work, but it was because I didn't declare a menu name - sorted now.

Return to “Add-in Writing area”