Crossvalid

For questions about EViews Add-ins available from the EViews Add-ins webpage. Note each add-in available on our webpage will have its own individual thread.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator, EViews Esther

trubador
Did you use forum search?

Crossvalid

Postby trubador » Wed May 13, 2015 1:31 am

This thread is about crossvalid add-in.

The add-in performs a k-fold cross validation procedure on an already estimated model. Basically, it randomly divides the data set into a k number of subsets and reestimate the model to forecast each fold using all the remaining folds as the training set. Although it operates on equation objects that are estimated with any chosen method, the approach is feasible only for cross-section data and therefore is not available for time series data (as there are better ways for such purposes). Please see the documentation for more details.

Since the add-in makes use of some new features of EViews introduced with version 9, it will not work for older versions.

jbonanca

Re: Crossvalid

Postby jbonanca » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:47 am

trubador,

thank you for this add-in. regarding procedures for time-series data, you mention there are better ways -- before i write something from scratch, is there a thread or another package you would recommend i look at? (i've searched but found anything that seems to be right.)

trubador

Postby trubador » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:22 pm

I was not referring to a particular package. In-sample and/or out-of-sample forecasting exercise along with using appropriate evaluation criteria might be a good way to start. EViews has nice features in this respect. You can refer to any time series econometrics textboot and EViews' manuals.

diggetybo

Postby diggetybo » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:13 pm

Hey,

Is it possible to view the eviews code used for k-fold cv somehow?

trubador

Postby trubador » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:50 am

You can send me a private message explaining the reason of your interest along with your e-mail address.

Return to “Add-in Support”