Upgraded to version 8

For questions regarding EViews License Manager.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Steve, EViews Moderator

lewesthroop

Upgraded to version 8

Postby lewesthroop » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:47 pm

I ran the license manager installer for 8, to upgrade from 7. It went smoothly: I was impressed!

Then I tried to install and run a client, and I get the error message: "Unable to obtain license from server: license group not found."

The client is trying to use License group "EViews8", but on the license manager server I can see that there is only an "EViews7" group. Did I miss a step?

EViews Steve
EViews Developer

Re: Upgraded to version 8

Postby EViews Steve » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:43 pm

Yes. You should've gotten an EViews 8 serial number. You need to register that serial number onto your license server before trying to run any EViews 8 clients. Once you register it on the license server, you should have a new "EViews8" group.

By the way, updating the License Server software was optional and the new version only had minor changes to it. The old one would've worked just fine.

lewesthroop

Re: Upgraded to version 8

Postby lewesthroop » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:37 am

EViews Steve wrote:Yes. You should've gotten an EViews 8 serial number. You need to register that serial number onto your license server before trying to run any EViews 8 clients. Once you register it on the license server, you should have a new "EViews8" group.

Thanks, I added the version 8 serial number and it was successfully registered. Clients work now.

By the way, updating the License Server software was optional and the new version only had minor changes to it. The old one would've worked just fine.

Perhaps that could be documented next time.

Return to “License Manager”