problem with scenario

For technical support, tips and tricks, suggestions, or any other information regarding the EViews model object.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

stoddj

problem with scenario

Postby stoddj » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:46 pm

I have previously used the overwrite/exclude option in a model linked to a VEC, but I am having trouble with my current model. In an earlier model (to which I still have access) I rewrote several endogenous variables, forcing them to decline rapidly, and then marking the new variables with the "_1" aliasing tag. Using the 'scenario 1' option, I told it to overwrite and exclude the original endogenous variables.

This worked fine, and when I do a dynamic stochastic solution for a forecast period, the graphs of these new artificial variables appear with no standard errors, while the other endogenous variables do -- just as I would expect. But in my current model, which I've tried to set up the same way but with a different endogenous variable excluded and overridden, It is giving me a stochastic solution for that variable, with standard errors, rather than giving me new artificial variable created under scenario 1.

This is my Scenario View -- it looks just like the other model that works well. So I can't figure out what's wrong.

Scenario List

Scenario Alias Excludes Overrides

Baseline _0
Scenario 1 _1 CO2AV
CO2AV

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: problem with scenario

Postby EViews Gareth » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:03 pm

We'd need to see the workfile
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

stoddj

Postby stoddj » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:03 am

Thanks very much. Here is the workfile. Look at MODEL01, which is based on VAR01. The series I tried to manipulate and treat exogenously is CO2AV, which has been set on a path for a 30% decline as CO2AV_1. // Jim Stodder
Attachments
fix_quantity.wf1
(682.29 KiB) Downloaded 420 times

EViews Matt
EViews Developer

Postby EViews Matt » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:16 pm

Hello,

I just wanted to let you know that we're investigating this issue. I can confirm that there is some unexpected behavior in the case of a stochastic solve where a series has been both excluded and overridden. You mentioned that you had an earlier model that behaved as expected, would you be able to post that workfile as well? Thanks.

Return to “Models”