Missing Data Error

For technical support, tips and tricks, suggestions, or any other information regarding the EViews model object.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

jgrandbo

Missing Data Error

Postby jgrandbo » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:23 am

Hi there - I'm new to the forum and relatively new to EViews (I'm using EViews 10) and have been encountering some issues extending my forecast model.

I run an economic forecast and usually only forecast out to 2028 Q4. A new client wishes to see a forecast out to 2040, and extending the model to that point was relatively simple. For some background context, the model had been used once before to forecast out that far, but had been truncated back down to 2028 afterwards.

However, the client recently asked for a forecast out to 2041. This is a regional economic forecasting model, so I simply extended the US variables that it uses to estimate our region out through 2041 Q4, as well as the dummy variables. However, the program is claiming that it is missing data when attempting to solve the model (named psmodel). You can see that many variables seem to end at 2041 Q1 when attempting a forecast, which seems odd. All in all, I'm pretty stumped. I understand the gist of the error - there's missing data somewhere! - but can't seem to find out exactly what is missing. Any help is appreciated!
Attachments
psmodel.wf1
(2.95 MiB) Downloaded 355 times

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: Missing Data Error

Postby EViews Gareth » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:32 am

Model's first error is:

Code: Select all

2041Q1   NA generated for DLPNFIN

Opening up the equation for DLPNFIN I then click on "Proc->Make Regressor Group", then see that TIME has NA for 2041Q1 onwards
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

jgrandbo

Re: Missing Data Error

Postby jgrandbo » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:46 am

Thank you, that was it! Much appreciated.

Return to “Models”