exogenous variable in model "not defined"

For technical support, tips and tricks, suggestions, or any other information regarding the EViews model object.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

stoddj

exogenous variable in model "not defined"

Postby stoddj » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:55 pm

I have used the Scenario feature in Models before, but am having trouble now. An exogenous tax variable, COAL_T120, is specified and the baseline forecast for the model works fine -- just as long as it is not fixed by the Scenario. But when it is fixed, I get the error message "COAL_T120_1 is not defined."

Note that this exact character string does not appear in my VAR or the subsequent System I used to build the Model. So I don't know where to find this string in order to correct it.

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: exogenous variable in model "not defined"

Postby EViews Gareth » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:53 pm

It sounds as though perhaps you have overridden COAL_T120 in scenario 1, which informs EViews to use the values in the series COAL_T120_1 rather than the underlying series COAL_T120. If the COAL_T120_1 series doesn't exist, EViews will error.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

stoddj

Re: exogenous variable in model "not defined"

Postby stoddj » Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:51 pm

OK, sorry -- everyone can ignore this little post. I figured it out. I can't "treat as exogenous" a variable via the Scenario function if it's already been defined as exogenous. That was my mistake.

Return to “Models”