EViews 13 Installation Problem

For questions regarding installation and registration of EViews.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Steve, EViews Moderator

mmiller2

EViews 13 Installation Problem

Postby mmiller2 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:53 am

Something seems to have gone wrong with the installation of EViews 13 for one member of my team. The installer ran and put all the program files in the usual place, but certain features are not working properly for him. I also noticed that the Windows "Programs and Features" list does not contain an entry for EViews 13 like everyone else's does.

I tried reinstalling the program which quit with an error message that it couldn't install because EViews 13 was not installed (?) despite the fact that the programs files are present on the C: drive and he was able to register his "installation" with your servers. I also tried installing the latest patch which appeared to run successfully but did not fix the issues with certain features not working or the missing entry in the Windows "Programs and Features."

How should I go about fixing this installation?

EViews Steve
EViews Developer

Re: EViews 13 Installation Problem

Postby EViews Steve » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:25 am

Sometimes an installation can fail in the middle and it leaves the Windows registry in a state that prevents you from running the installer again. To fix this, please download this zip file, extract the REG file, then double-click it to run and clean up your registry. Allow any security dialogs to proceed. After running it, you should be able to run the EViews 13 installer again.

Steve

mmiller2

Re: EViews 13 Installation Problem

Postby mmiller2 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:03 am

Thanks Steve! I was able to run the EViews 13 installer again after running the REG file. The features I was having trouble with are working properly now and EViews 13 is now listed in the Windows "Programs and Features."

Return to “Installation and Registration”