EViews32Com.exe Entry Point Not Found in seats.dll

For questions regarding installation and registration of EViews.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Steve, EViews Moderator

JeffvdN

EViews32Com.exe Entry Point Not Found in seats.dll

Postby JeffvdN » Thu May 27, 2021 3:05 pm

I started having trouble with the x13 command. I think it works but I was trying to use a stored spec file and when I did that, it seemed to be running fine (the .out and .d11 files are fine), but the seasonally adjusted data was all NA when it was imported back to the eviews workfile. I need to figure out what is going on there, but first...

I decided to do an uninstall/reinstall.

Now I get this error message during the installation.
image.png
image.png (12.56 KiB) Viewed 14329 times

Eviews32Com.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point _TAKEDETTRAMO@44 could not be located in the dynamic link library c:\program files\Eviews 10\seats.dll.

I was trying to install the 64 bit so I was surprised that it said Eviews32Com.exe.

My copy of eviews is a EViews 10 Single User Standard license.

Any idea what the problem is? If I am not using seats, does it matter? The rest of the installation seemed to work.

If I upgrade to v12 will this go away?

Thanks,

Jeff

EViews Jason
EViews Developer

Re: EViews32Com.exe Entry Point Not Found in seats.dll

Postby EViews Jason » Thu May 27, 2021 4:02 pm

Hello Jeff,

If you do not use TRAMO SEATS, then the error should be inconsequential.

If you still wish to get a clean installation, however, I would start EViews and then select Options->General Options. In the left pane, select File locations. Next click on the folder icon next the Temp File Path edit box. This should open a Windows Explorer window. Navigate up a directory and then delete the directory you were just in. This directory should have been named ev_temp.

From here I would uninstall again and then also delete the C:\program files\EViews 10 directory.

Now try installing again.

JeffvdN

Postby JeffvdN » Fri May 28, 2021 9:04 am

I tried what you suggested and am still getting the same error message. I moved the tmp folder, then deleted it, then uninstalled, then deleted it again. The uninstall seemed to delete the Eviews folder in the program files folder so there was nothing to erase. Then I reinstalled and got the same error message.

I probably will upgrade one of these days and don't expect to use tramo seats for a while so I guess this isn't high priority. Still, if you have any other suggestions I would be happy to try it.

Thanks for your help.

EViews Jason
EViews Developer

Postby EViews Jason » Fri May 28, 2021 10:39 am

Hello Jeff,

Please send me an email at jason@eviews.com and we can coordinate accordingly.

Return to “Installation and Registration”