Excel2010Addin evappdn.ico hash error

For questions regarding installation and registration of EViews.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Steve, EViews Moderator

Juampi

Excel2010Addin evappdn.ico hash error

Postby Juampi » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:16 am

Hi team

I am trying installing "EViews_Excel2010_40_AddIn.vsto" the COM addin to excel but when execute the VSTO file show that ".\Resources\evappdn.ico" has different computed hash than specified in manifest

Please, help me.

Regards.
Attachments
evappdn_hash_error.png
evappdn_hash_error.png (153.07 KiB) Viewed 15068 times

EViews Steve
EViews Developer

Re: Excel2010Addin evappdn.ico hash error

Postby EViews Steve » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:58 am

Was this from the EViews 12 installer or did you try to install the Excel Add In separately from somewhere else?

EViews Steve
EViews Developer

Postby EViews Steve » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:46 am

You might be seeing this error when you try to execute the VSTO file directly, but EViews itself handles the registration of the add-in. To register the add-in with Excel, run EViews and then type in the command: REGCOMPONENTS and hit Enter. If you scroll the listbox all the way to the bottom, you'll see the status of the "Excel 2010 Add In". If it doesn't say "Registered", click the "Yes(All)" button to re-register everything. Wait for the success message to appear. Afterwards, if it still doesn't say "Registered", you may need to re-run the EViews installer and to make sure the "Excel Add In" option is included in the install.

By the way, you cannot use our Excel Add In unless EViews itself is installed and properly registered on the machine. It requires a valid EViews license.

Juampi

Postby Juampi » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:48 am

EViews Steve wrote:Was this from the EViews 12 installer or did you try to install the Excel Add In separately from somewhere else?

I am sorry. It is from the EViews 11

Return to “Installation and Registration”