Installation Error -1925

For questions regarding installation and registration of EViews.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Steve, EViews Moderator

clustudent

Installation Error -1925

Postby clustudent » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:59 am

I am attempting to install Eviews 11 and I keep getting that error message. I'll attach screen shots of my steps.

First I get "Error - 1925 The specified profile could not be added"

Then "The wizard was interrupted before Eviews 11 could be completely installed"

Last message I get says; "The setup has detected that no version of Eviews 11 is installed. The specified comman-line options require that the application be installed to continue. The setup will now terminate"

Any advice of what to do?? I tried downloading Windows 32 bit and Windows 64 bit and get the same results.
Attachments
eviews help 3.png
eviews help 3.png (1.94 MiB) Viewed 25637 times
eviews help 2.png
eviews help 2.png (1.73 MiB) Viewed 25637 times
image.png
image.png (1.74 MiB) Viewed 25637 times

EViews Steve
EViews Developer

Re: Installation Error -1925

Postby EViews Steve » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:44 pm

First, make sure the installer exe files you are using are the correct size. EViews 11 32-bit installer should be around 246MB and the 64-bit installer should be around 255MB in size.

Next, try clearing out all of your files and folders in your TEMP directory. To find your TEMP folder, open a DOS prompt and type in: SET TEMP and hit Enter. Go to that folder and try to delete everything you can, skipping any files that can't be deleted.

Next, if our installer crashed for any reason during the first attempt, it can leave behind settings in the registry that prevent any further attempts from working. You'll have to manually remove these settings by download this zip file, then extracting the correct REG file and double-clicking it to run. If you're not sure which one to run, simply run both. Allow the REG file to perform updates on your windows registry.

Then try running the EViews 11 installer again.

If you continue to have issues, please email us at support@eviews.com along with your serial number and reference this forum post.

Steve

igor

Postby igor » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:53 am

I have faced a similar problem: I cannot reinstall Eviews 11 and cannot delete it. In the first case I receive the message “The setup has detected that no version of Eviews 11 is installed. The specified command-line options require that the application be installed to continue. The setup will now terminate”, in the second case, that the program is already deleted.

The same situation is happened with Eviews 10.

Any manipulation with temp directory or registry didn’t help (by the way, zip file for registry corrections does not exist).

Probably, this happened after the last update of Eviews 11 and 10, but I am not sure.

At the same, time both Eviews 11 and 10 work properly.

Any recommendations?

Eviews 11 and 10 64 bit, Windows 10.

igor

Postby igor » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:41 pm

The problem has been solved by the appropriate clearing the registry. So, the reg-clean file for Eviews 11 woudl be helpful.

Return to “Installation and Registration”