error in custom date specification

For questions regarding the import, export and manipulation of data in EViews, including graphing and basic statistics.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Steve, EViews Moderator

amrsherif

error in custom date specification

Postby amrsherif » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:25 am

Hi,

I think this is the correct place to post this question since it is not related to programming.

Everytime i click on a series and try to view it as a graph i get a 'error in custom date specification' error. I've had this problem before but cannot remember how it was resolved. Any advice on how to go about this? If it helps, charts created in a program work just fine, also when i change the date format to automatic in the graph options, it works. At the moment, it it set to custom. I cannot find a similar option in the graphics defaults menu.

I'm attaching a screen shot of the error.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (20.17 KiB) Viewed 4282 times

EViews Jason
EViews Developer

Re: error in custom date specification

Postby EViews Jason » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:15 am

Assuming you are using the EViews 10 or 11 out of the box defaults, from the Graphics defaults dialog, select Templates & Objects -> Apply Template.

Next select the EViews10 template and press OK. This will change the defaults for future graphs.

We will look into either allowing users to change the custom format from the graphics default dialog or preventing custom formats as a default.

amrsherif

Re: error in custom date specification

Postby amrsherif » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:58 am

This worked. Thank you

Return to “Data Manipulation”