Parameter Stability Test in DOLS Estimation

For technical questions regarding estimation of single equations, systems, VARs, Factor analysis and State Space Models in EViews. General econometric questions and advice should go in the Econometric Discussions forum.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

aarontempleton

Parameter Stability Test in DOLS Estimation

Postby aarontempleton » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:08 pm

Dear everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I am currently conducting a DOLS estimation in EViews 9, and I am attempting to conduct a 'MeanF' parameter stability test to check the stability of my estimates over time. The EViews help guide, as well as several Youtube videos, suggest that I can conduct such tests by selecting 'View', followed by 'Stability diagnostics' on the estimation output window. However, for me, this option is not available. I only have the options to conduct Coefficient diagnostics, and Residual diagnostics. Please find attached an image of the options that I am presented with under 'View'.

https://pasteboard.co/GCBUGrV.png

Does anyone know why this option is not available? Is there some sort of alternative measure I can take to conduct the test?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

aarontempleton

Re: Parameter Stability Test in DOLS Estimation

Postby aarontempleton » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:20 am

Still haven't managed to find a solution to this problem, does anyone have any ideas?

EViews Matt
EViews Developer

Re: Parameter Stability Test in DOLS Estimation

Postby EViews Matt » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:13 am

The stability diagnostics are not available for all estimators, including the COINTREG family of estimators as you've discovered.

Return to “Estimation”