Set up of FRB/US model

For econometric discussions not necessarily related to EViews.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

baidkau

Set up of FRB/US model

Postby baidkau » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:51 am

Hi

Can somebody please help me with a step by step installation of the FRB/US model? I am a bit of a novice when it comes to EViews. I have followed the steps in the README text but whenever I try to run the examples it says the path is not found on disk.

fbrayton

Re: Set up of FRB/US model

Postby fbrayton » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:17 am

Hi,

I assume that you have unzipped the FRB/US package, not altered its file organization, and installed the set of addins. Then, any of the programs should run if your EViews path points to the directory in which the programs are located. (Each program uses relative path names to find the objects it needs, all of which are in directories that are parallel to the programs directory, hence the use of ../ pathnames.) One way to set the path correctly is to run the program via the EViews "file" dropdown menu. Choose "open", choose "programs", and navigate to the FRB/US programs directory. Then check the "update default directory" box before selecting the specific program you want to run. If this doesn't work, you can always change the program's "../" path components to the full path names in your file system.

paolo.zanghieri

Re: Set up of FRB/US model

Postby paolo.zanghieri » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:15 am

Hi,
I normally use the FRB_US model in Eviews but I am stuck with the new version. Following the readme.txt I exctracted the read_xml add in, which is saved in the \add in folder, but when I try to create the aaa.wf1, for example by exectuting the example1.prg, the program stops at the line below

' Load equations and coefficients
read_xml_model(path=%model_path)

as apparently the %model_path defined a few lines above is not recognized in the addin.
Could you help me?
thanks a lot
Paolo

Return to “Econometric Discussions”