Huge Bond Data File - Filtering out Bonds I don't need

For questions regarding the import, export and manipulation of data in EViews, including graphing and basic statistics.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Steve, EViews Moderator

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: Huge Bond Data File - Filtering out Bonds I don't need

Postby EViews Gareth » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:06 pm

Rather than describing the big picture, perhaps you can explain using the workfile.

The workfile has 4 series objects, a matrix, an alpha, a table and a text object.

What are you trying to do with those objects?
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

JimForest

Re: Huge Bond Data File - Filtering out Bonds I don't need

Postby JimForest » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:38 pm

EViews Gareth wrote:

Code: Select all

%start = dates_table(2,3)
%end = dates_table(3,3)
smpl {%start} {%end}

I'll be honest, between this thread, your other thread and the emails you've sent, I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to achieve. But there is something somewhere that tells me you're making it far more complicated than it needs to be.

You are very adept at telling me that you don't understand what I am trying to do and charachterizing my efforts as making things more complicated than it needs to be - which is not helpful. But you don't tell me what it is you don't understand. You don't respond to my emails, but you are critical of my lack of detail publicly.

Communication issues are not resulting from my lack of detail. What don't you understand about what I am trying to do? I provided a lot of description, program outline, workfile, etc.

I've been working with EViews for 14 years and brought you a lot of business.

My other thread had the word matrix in the subject, four days later you tell me that dates can't be read to a matrix - despite days before telling me that "I just opened that file just fine."

I have spent a lot of time on this, much of it unnecessary as the original question was answered incorrectly. In other cases, questions are totally ignored. How many times does a user have to indicate that a suggested solution can't be performed on a list of 861 objects?

I would appreciate better support and if you have critical or derisive comments, you can send them in an email please. I am very polite and respectful to you. Your company has received a lot of money from me and university contracts to boot.

I am very frustrated with the support I have received in the past few days.

Return to “Data Manipulation”