Seasonal Adjustmetn

For questions regarding the import, export and manipulation of data in EViews, including graphing and basic statistics.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Jason, EViews Steve, EViews Moderator

lkrol1024

Seasonal Adjustmetn

Postby lkrol1024 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:46 pm

Hello,

I have the student version of Eviews and am trying to make a Seasonal adjustment and know under the student version the only available adjustment I can make is the Moving average methods but when I select it an error comes up that "seasonal adjustment is only available for monthly and quarterly data" My data is quarterly is there possibly something wrong with my format. It has the date example :3/31/1999, 6/30/1999, 9/30/1999. If that's the issue can I change it somehow?

Thanks!!

laura

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: Seasonal Adjustmetn

Postby EViews Gareth » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:32 pm

Could you provide your workfile?
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

lkrol1024

Postby lkrol1024 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:32 pm

I attempted to do it for ebitda_cc and ebitda_cw

Thanks!!
Attachments
INDUSTRY ANALYSIS REVISED.WF1
(101.64 KiB) Downloaded 271 times

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Postby EViews Gareth » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:51 pm

That workfile is daily, not quarterly. The discrepancy in the dates are what caused EViews to believe it is daily. In 2005 you have 1st of July as the quarter 2 date, when, obviously, 1st July is in quarter 3, not quarter 2.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

Reynaldo2007

I have problems performing X13 Seasonal Adjustment

Postby Reynaldo2007 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:09 pm

At first, very much thank you and congratulations for your work. I have leant a lot in the Eviews Forums web pages. I want to perform a Seasonal Adjustment when I follow Proc/Seasonal Adjustment/Census X-13... and the "X-13 Options" window appears and click in X-13 built in regressors I have a dialog where appear "Outliers" and by default there is "Additive". Wich criteria should I follow in order to choose between "Additive", "Level-shift", "Constant level Change", "Seasonal", "Temporary level change" or "Ramp effect"?

In addition, in the "automatic outliers" option appears several "Outlier types". In the "Level shift" one, I am prompted to choose a "Lenght" (by default is 0). The value that I should imput 1-Can be always 0 (ignoring the frecuency of the series, for example)? 2- If not, Which criteria should I follow to imput a value there?

Lastly, In the "ARIMA" section Can I always left the "ARIMA method" and the "Model" dialogs with the default configuration? Should the "Options" dialog be adjusted in correspondence with the series frecuency?

Kind regards,

Reynaldo

Return to “Data Manipulation”