Tramo/Seats and X-12 versions

For requesting general information about EViews, sharing your own tips and tricks, and information on EViews training or guides.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

Sander

Tramo/Seats and X-12 versions

Postby Sander » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:41 am

1. About Tramo: I get slightly different results when I use the windows version of the Tramo module from the website of the Bank of Spain, and the Eviews built-in version of Tramo. I use the most recent Tramo/Seats Windows version available from the website of the Bank of Spain which is named Beta 1.0.4 rev.136 (March 2009) (see http://www.bde.es/servicio/software/econome.htm). The manual included with Eviews 6 hints that a rather old version is used, because it states Beta Version: November 1997. So I would like to know which version of Tramo/Seats is used in Eviews 6, and whether it is possible to manually update the built-in Tramo/Seats version.

2. About X-12: Here, I also get slightly different results when I use the windows interface to X-12 ARIMA, and the Eviews build-in version of Census X-12. Eviews tells us that X-12 version 0.2.9 is being used. However, only more recent versions are available from the website (see http://www.census.gov/srd/www/x12a/x12down_pc.html). So quite similar: Is it possible to adjust Eviews 6 in such a way that it uses a manually updated version of X-12?

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: Tramo/Seats and X-12 versions

Postby EViews Gareth » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:15 am

Both X12 and Tramo/Seats are using old versions, and no, it is not possible to update them.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

alejandro123147

Re: Tramo/Seats and X-12 versions

Postby alejandro123147 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:18 pm

hello. I'm alexis and I have bit question.
I have been using the tramo/seats on a series, but when I apply it, the series "_SA" is same to "NA", in all the series.

Why ? I don't understand it

Return to “General Information and Tips and Tricks”