Pitching Eviews to Work

For requesting general information about EViews, sharing your own tips and tricks, and information on EViews training or guides.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

wls485

Pitching Eviews to Work

Postby wls485 » Wed May 28, 2014 5:59 pm

I'm a financial analyst and have a background in econometrics from grad school, I am constantly scratching my head at the confidence and satisfaction that my coworkers have from the data we analyze, mainly with excel. My thoughts are that we can improve our forecasts and analysis greatly with eveiws. I am familiar with Eviews but not so much its capacity, by that I mean its ability to process corporate amounts of data. We use excel primarily and works for a basic purpose, we fetch data using Essbase, which you might need to be familiar with to help me. But would it be necessary to use something like essbase to fetch data for forecasting or can eviews databases manage and easily fetch large amounts of historical data? If you have any ideas or even suggestions one way or the other I would really appreciate it.

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: Pitching Eviews to Work

Postby EViews Gareth » Wed May 28, 2014 10:03 pm

Could you define "large"?
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

trubador
Did you use forum search?

Re: Pitching Eviews to Work

Postby trubador » Fri May 30, 2014 1:59 am

If Excel has worked for you until now, I can assure you that EViews will definitely speed-up your processes. Not to mention the productivity increase you'll gain with using the features and analytical tools that EViews offers.

Return to “General Information and Tips and Tricks”