gridauto

For requesting general information about EViews, sharing your own tips and tricks, and information on EViews training or guides.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

CharlieEVIEWS

gridauto

Postby CharlieEVIEWS » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:04 pm

Dear All,

having a slight problem with the command line syntax for gridauto and gridt. Following the completion of a large subroutine, I have some plots being generated and lest I have to use menus to re-adjust the outputs every time i alter a single input, I was hoping to use commands in my .prg. However, no ordering of gridt and gridauto gives me vertical and horizontal gridlines. The 'left axis' is all i can ever seem to get through 'command line' style code in my .prg.

My latest attempt is to use:

graph_name.options size(5,2.5) gridl gridt gridauto gridcolor(ltgray) gridpat(11) fillcolor(white) backcolor(white) framecolor(black) fillfade(none) backfade(none)

but this is only giving horizontal 'left axis' gridlines.

Any help appreciated as always, very best regards, and the warmest wishes for the holidays,

Charlie

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: gridauto

Postby EViews Gareth » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:29 am

Code: Select all

create u 100
series y=nrnd
freeze(graph_name) y.line
graph_name.options size(5,2.5) gridl gridt gridauto gridcolor(ltgray) gridpat(11) fillcolor(white) backcolor(white) framecolor(black) fillfade(none) backfade(none)
show graph_name

Seems to work for me.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

CharlieEVIEWS

Postby CharlieEVIEWS » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:01 pm

Hi Gareth!

Thanks for your help! Your example certainly works on my build too (Dec 4). However, do you have any reason why it isnt working on this specific graph (workfile attached)? I can get vertical gridlines by going through the menus (requires a manual change of gridauto), but the exact same command line from your sample program doesnt work ? Seems very strange and I'm curious!

Happy Holidays and thanks again for all your help,

Charlie
Attachments
gridexample.wf1
(1.22 MiB) Downloaded 321 times

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Postby EViews Gareth » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:21 pm

You can't do it for a multi-graph. If you made the multi-graph by combining individual graphs, put the grid lines on the individual graphs before combining.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

CharlieEVIEWS

Postby CharlieEVIEWS » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:47 pm

Yeah I used the .merge function. Strange that I can get left axis lines but not top/bottom?! Anyway, I will work around this and design the grids before I merge. Thanks again for your help Gareth, your endless knowledge appears to know no bounds...

Return to “General Information and Tips and Tricks”