HOT KEYS in Eviews!

For requesting general information about EViews, sharing your own tips and tricks, and information on EViews training or guides.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: HOT KEYS in Eviews?

Postby EViews Gareth » Wed May 20, 2009 8:08 am

The context menus of objects are generally the same as the main window context menu....
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

EViews Glenn
EViews Developer

Postby EViews Glenn » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:19 am

The main EViews menu changes as you bring focus to different objects. Open the series, group, equation, etc. which you wish to work with then use the Alt's. They'll open the main menu, but those will be the menu items for the open object.

farrel

Postby farrel » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:40 am

Dear Developers,

(I refer to Eviews 7)

Proposal: I would like to encourage you once again to think about hot key for action "estimate" (equations and VARs) and for action "Solve" (model objects). I believe the button F12 would fit the best. I checked - it's free at the moment in both Eviews 7 and 8 (or F3 as was proposed before).

Motivation: I just recently worked on thousands of ARIMA models + explanatory variables searching for Ad Hoc best specifications and found that we urgently need to speed up the process by accessing function "estimate" bit faster. Furthermore, opening estimate window it would be great to have ESC (Escape) button acting as dismissing or canceling "Estimate" window, meaning going back to Stats window.

Moreover: When equation window is opened and active, it's not straightforward to reach "Proc" button (and subsequently Specify/Estimate) as we would suppose to reach it by pressing ALT + P, because it leads to "Options". I didn't find fast hot key to "Proc" menu (also in Eviews 8 ). This is additional motivation to develop F12 as quick reference to "Estimate" menu window.

Thank you
Andrei

Armine

Re: HOT KEYS in Eviews!

Postby Armine » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:00 am

Hi

If I ran a programm for the night and it stoped looping when I came in the morning can I make it continue somehow ?

farrel

Postby farrel » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:39 am

Definitely NOT in Eviews 7.
There are some continuous running features after interrupting current run in Eviews 8. But check out new features.

Armine

Postby Armine » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:08 am

Yes I have Eviews 8 but dont know how to do it

Return to “General Information and Tips and Tricks”