VAR GARCH-M with BEKK

For technical questions regarding estimation of single equations, systems, VARs, Factor analysis and State Space Models in EViews. General econometric questions and advice should go in the Econometric Discussions forum.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

msftrinity11

VAR GARCH-M with BEKK

Postby msftrinity11 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:30 am

Hi,

I'm trying to create a VAR GARCH-M with BEKK representation; however, I've been unsuccessful. I'm unable to get the "in-mean" option added to my equation; being it does not exist if you are using an system. Here's my steps:

1. I first developed the mean equation, VAR.
2. I specified it as a system.
3. I then went to "Estimate" and changed the estimation method to "ARCH".

There is no "in-mean" option in this area. How would I add the in-mean option in? I have 5 variables I'm estimating. I'm new to this software and do not know how to program it in.

Thanks!

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: VAR GARCH-M with BEKK

Postby EViews Gareth » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:13 am

EViews does not have multivariate GARCH-M.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

SnakeCharmerII

Postby SnakeCharmerII » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:25 pm

It seems that you can do things like that in RATS (I've also foun some code in GAUSS)

trubador
Did you use forum search?

Postby trubador » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:28 pm

SnakeCharmerII wrote:It seems that you can do things like that in RATS (I've also foun some code in GAUSS)

You can do such things in EViews as well, but not as a built-in procedure. You have to use the LogL object along with some programming features of EViews. There are sample programs on similar issues in the "Program Repository" forum.

SnakeCharmerII

Postby SnakeCharmerII » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:53 pm

trubador wrote:
SnakeCharmerII wrote:It seems that you can do things like that in RATS (I've also foun some code in GAUSS)

You can do such things in EViews as well, but not as a built-in procedure. You have to use the LogL object along with some programming features of EViews. There are sample programs on similar issues in the "Program Repository" forum.

True. If you know the form of the (log) likelihood of your model, then you can do it in Eviews.

maryamjannesari

Postby maryamjannesari » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:18 am

hi dear
i m working on my thesis, and i have the same problem to estimate var garch-m ,did u find any way to estimate? if yes ,plz help me,thanks a lot

lanouar_charf

Postby lanouar_charf » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:29 am

PLease do any one has the VAR GARCH BEKK program under GAUSS

and under Eviews in which version we can estimate it, do Eviews 6 estimated it ?

thank you

locrion

Postby locrion » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:27 am

Hello,

I'm also having trouble by employing VAR-GARCH (1,1) in Mean with BEKK representation for my thesis.
Im currently trying to figure out the correlation between Exchange Rate changes (Independent Variable) and Net Flows of Bonds and Equity (Dependent Variable) in Indonesia.
I have the data of for each variable from January 2009 - September 2015.

I'm having trouble to employ those data as VAR-GARCH (1,1) with BEKK Representation model.
Can anyone tutor me step-by-step so i can calculate these?

According to my Journal by Spagnolo, Ali and Caporale (2015)
First they're employ the statistic descriptive.
Then, they're using LM ARCH effect to find out homoscedastic VAR model (Should i use LM TEST? or VAR Test?)
Then, theyre employing VAR-GARCH (1,1) with BEKK Representation.

Can anyone help tutoring me step by step for my research thesis??
Thank you very much!

Return to “Estimation”