workfile pageload and application error

For notifying us of what you believe are bugs or errors in EViews.
Please ensure your copy of EViews is up-to-date before posting.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

watabehj

workfile pageload and application error

Postby watabehj » Wed May 29, 2013 2:30 am

Hi. Whenever I execute [New Page]-[Load/Import Workfile Page] during Eviews session, "DDE Server Window: EViews8.exe - Application error" occurs right after exiting from Eviews. Running program using "pageload" command to load page from eviews workfile and exiting from Eviews results in the same error. I am using Eviews8 (Apr26 2013 Build) on Windows XP. My colleague is using Eviews8 (May 6 2013 Build) on Windows 7, and is experiencing the same symptom. I would appreciate it if you could look into the problem.

EViews Jason
EViews Developer

Re: workfile pageload and application error

Postby EViews Jason » Wed May 29, 2013 10:30 am

Go to the EViews options dialog (options->general options). In the Environment->Windows behavior page and in the 'File open on double click' box select 'Open in new EViews session/window'. Next press OK. This will turn off DDE for EViews.

If you want EViews to 'Open in existing EViews session when possible', go back into the dialog and turn it back on and see if the problem is resolved. Pressing OK in the general options dialog, will set/reset DDE applicable settings in the registry.

watabehj

Postby watabehj » Wed May 29, 2013 6:32 pm

Thank you for the prompt reply. However, changing the option didn't solve the problem (Moreover, 'Open in new EViews session/window' was selected from the start). I'm attaching the jpeg image of error dialogue; sorry it's in Japanese - translation of the messages is as follows:

<Header> DDE Server Window: EViews8.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x00000000" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".
Click on OK to terminate the application
Click on CANCEL to debug the application
<Buttons>[OK] [Cancel]

BTW, this error doesn't occur at Eviews7.
Attachments
pageloaderror.JPG
pageloaderror.JPG (24.47 KiB) Viewed 9038 times

EViews Jason
EViews Developer

Postby EViews Jason » Thu May 30, 2013 10:57 am

Select Options->General options, and then choose File locations. In the second box "Ini File Path", is the location of your EViews32.ini file. Open the EViews32.ini file with notepad. Next search for the line 'Single Instance=..". Make sure it reads "Single Instance=1" and save the file.

Restart your copy of EViews. Did that fix the problem?

When you are importing the new page, are you importing from an existing workfile (.wf1)? Can you start a new copy of EViews and try importing an Excel file? Did the error appear?

If you were already importing an Excel file, can you do the opposite and start a new copy of EViews and import a wf1 file? Did the error appear?

watabehj

Postby watabehj » Thu May 30, 2013 7:29 pm

I changed "Single Instance=0" of ini file to "Single Instance=1", but it didn't fix the problem.
Yes, I'm importing from an existing workfile (.wf1). The problem doesn't occur when I import Excel file. Error always occurs when exiting from Eviews copy which imported an existing workfile, and never occurs when exiting from Eviews copy which imported only Excel file. Changing starting order of Eviews copies doesn't seem to affect this symptom.

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Postby EViews Gareth » Thu May 30, 2013 8:25 pm

Does it happen with any workfile, or just specific ones?
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

watabehj

Postby watabehj » Fri May 31, 2013 1:33 am

It happens with any workfile.

EViews Jason
EViews Developer

Postby EViews Jason » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:30 am

Please send an email to support@eviews.com with a reference to this forum thread. I'd like to send you some test executables that will hopefully reveal what is going on.

madiha

Postby madiha » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:07 am

i am facing this same problem. kindly help.

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Postby EViews Gareth » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:36 am

What is the build date and version of your copy of EViews (available from the Help->About EViews Menu)
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

Return to “Bug Reports”