Error when using Remote Desktop and Excel Plugin

For notifying us of what you believe are bugs or errors in EViews.
Please ensure your copy of EViews is up-to-date before posting.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

mtrebing

Error when using Remote Desktop and Excel Plugin

Postby mtrebing » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:59 am

I am using the latest version of Eviews 7 (64-bit, Windows 7 OS).
When I am using my licensed copy of Eviews remotely via remote desktop, and when using the plugin to Excel (2007) I get the following error message when I try to refresh data links to an Eviews Database: "Eviews License invalid: this license may not be used with Citrix or Windows Service." Is this an error? Or will I not be able to use the plugin when working remotely?

EViews Steve
EViews Developer

Re: Error when using Remote Desktop and Excel Plugin

Postby EViews Steve » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:29 am

Now in most cases, a standalone user who has installed a single seat license of EViews will be able to login to his/her system remotely using RDC and use EViews without issue. However, there are restrictions.

We do not allow you to use an EViews standalone license over a Citrix or Windows Terminal because of the ease in which this makes it to share a single license with multiple people.

If your system allows multiple simultaneous logins (even over RDP), that is detected and we do not allow a standalone EViews license to run in that environment.

If you are using a concurrent license (with a centralized EViews License server), you can run over Citrix or Terminal Services without issue.

Steve

Return to “Bug Reports”