Suddenly unable to open eviews

For notifying us of what you believe are bugs or errors in EViews.
Please ensure your copy of EViews is up-to-date before posting.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

july

Suddenly unable to open eviews

Postby july » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:20 am

Hi, I am a beginner in econometrics. When I tried to use EViews Student Lite to complete the linear regression assignment assigned by the teacher on March 9, it suddenly quit and could not be opened again. After restarting the computer.
The situation at the time was as follows. After I successfully performed a one-way linear regression using a set of data, I imported a new set of data through the new column and used the second set of data for ternary linear regression. When I clicked the yes key to try to generate a regression result, a new popup asked me if I needed to close (or delete it, in fact I didn't read it carefully) the unnamed regression result. In order to facilitate screenshots for submitting assignments, I clicked no. Unfortunately, the entire eviews window closed, and when I tried to click the desktop shortcut again to open eviews, I only saw a blue circle next to the mouse, and it disappeared after two turns.
But probably I need to add that before I made the first return, there was a new update pop up to let me proceed, I clicked download, but after the download was complete, I clicked to install later.
The above is the whole process that my eviews 11 cannot be opened, and I am eager to get your help.

EViews Jason
EViews Developer

Re: Suddenly unable to open eviews

Postby EViews Jason » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:49 am

Please send an email to me at jason@eviews.com. If possible please send me your workfile as well. I would like to see if I can replicate the problem.

Also in your email indicate which operating system you are using.

Return to “Bug Reports”