Few bugs and questions

For notifying us of what you believe are bugs or errors in EViews.
Please ensure your copy of EViews is up-to-date before posting.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

mikeyp

Few bugs and questions

Postby mikeyp » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:05 pm

Having a go at the trial version - overall really like the software, a calming alternative to Stata and just coding. A few questions through before I drop a $ on this program

1) What is the deal with the link refresh, I have been getting constant errors when trying to link back to excel files

2) The software seems to crash whenever I try to view a series as percent, the same crash occurs when trying to pull data from the EIA or World Bank Datasets through the database registry

3) Why is the software unable to interpolate panel data – I understand stata can do this?

4) Is there a way to generate equations across tabs in a workbook?

Cheers!
Mike

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: Few bugs and questions

Postby EViews Gareth » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:45 pm

Glad you're enjoying it so far!

1) Could you provide more details, as far as we know there is no deal with file links.

2) Could you confirm the build date (Help->About EViews), and also provide concrete information on exactly what you're doing when the crash occurs (also, if possible, provide a workfile).

3) Panel interpolation is (slightly) more complicated than non-panel interpolation, and the honest truth is we've never had the demand to add it.

4) You can always reference a variable as pagename\seriesname in pretty much any procedure, including estimating equations. Note that if the pages are different frequencies, in place automatic frequency conversion will occur, and it may not be the frequency conversion method you'd actually want to use. There's also, of course, MIDAS estimation.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

Return to “Bug Reports”