bad window size

For notifying us of what you believe are bugs or errors in EViews.
Please ensure your copy of EViews is up-to-date before posting.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

startz
Non-normality and collinearity are NOT problems!

bad window size

Postby startz » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:11 am

I think I've finally managed to nail down a bug that's been bothering me for a long time.

If you open a series, the window may be positioned such that it is impossible to use the scroll bar to scroll to the end of the series. (Cursor keys still scroll.) The problem only happens when the height of the master EViews window is a certain size - a full screen display on a Microsoft Surface Pro happens to be such a size. It would be nice if this could be fixed, and maybe back-patched to 9.5.

Here's a picture.
Clipboard01.png
Clipboard01.png (59.77 KiB) Viewed 2890 times

EViews Steve
EViews Developer

Re: bad window size

Postby EViews Steve » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:03 pm

There are a few ways to handle this unfortunate condition where our default window sizes causes the bottom portion of the second window you open to be hidden upon maximized display on a Surface Pro:

1. The scrollbar on the far right of the EViews frame will let you scroll down the entire client area so you can reach the scrollbar button.
2. If you shorten the height of the command window above, the series window will have more space and will appear correctly the next time you restart EViews.
3. You can also make the command window auto-hide by clicking the small pin icon in the top right corner of the command window. This will give you a lot more vertical space. Whenever you need the command window, just hover over the command tab.
4. You can drag the Command title portion and re-dock the window to the right or left side, giving you a lot more vertical space.
5. Finally, you can float the Command window separately from the main EViews frame.

Steve

Return to “Bug Reports”