Eviews 9.5 crashing at different points when same code is run

For notifying us of what you believe are bugs or errors in EViews.
Please ensure your copy of EViews is up-to-date before posting.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

elasc

Eviews 9.5 crashing at different points when same code is run

Postby elasc » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:01 am

Hello,

My team has just installed Eviews 9.5 Professional Edition, Nov 14, 2016 build. Our computers are Windows 7 Enterprise, Service Pack 1. 12GB of RAM.

Eviews is crashing on both PCs we have installed it to when we run our main, big program file. By this I mean Eviews actually crashes and closes, not that an error message appears within Eviews.

This program file is admittedly long and complicated, calling other sub program files and doing a wide variety of things -- importing from excel and Haver, running a variety of equations, outputting in some cases to Excel, etc.

But I think the problem is not specific to a line of code, as every time we run the program file in verbose mode, it crashes on a different line. Sometimes the final line we see (at the bottom of the screen in verbose mode) is as simple as "smpl @all". Sometimes it is a simple OLS equation. Sometimes it is a line that writes data to excel. There is no consistency. It seems completely random. Maybe there is a memory leak or something else that is making Eviews 9.5 unstable? Has anyone else experienced this? Are we just out of luck with a system that is fundamentally incompatible with Eviews 9.5? We are thinking about shifting back to Eviews 7.

Any help would be appreciated.

thank you

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: Eviews 9.5 crashing at different points when same code is run

Postby EViews Gareth » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:44 am

Are you running 64bit or 32bit?

How much memory does EViews use (you can check with Task Manager in Windows) during program execution?

Although large, would it be possible to send the data/programs to support@eviews.com?
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

EViews Steve
EViews Developer

Re: Eviews 9.5 crashing at different points when same code is run

Postby EViews Steve » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:18 pm

Was this program working with EViews 7?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Bug Reports”