Eviews 6.0 Crashing Issue

For notifying us of what you believe are bugs or errors in EViews.
Please ensure your copy of EViews is up-to-date before posting.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

Ronman23

Eviews 6.0 Crashing Issue

Postby Ronman23 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:14 am

I have opened Eviews 6.0, gone into an existing workfile, and then tried to save changes only to have Eviews crash. Then, upon reopening, Eviews tells me that the workfile "does not meet the wf1. workfile specification". Has this happened to anyone else? If so, a) how do you stop it from happening and b) how do you get eviews to recognize the existing workfile? When this happened before I lost my models and had to start from scratch. I'd rather not do that again if I can help it.

startz
Non-normality and collinearity are NOT problems!

Re: Eviews 6.0 Crashing Issue

Postby startz » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:25 am

The first thing to do is to be sure that your copy of EViews is uptodate.

Ronman23

Postby Ronman23 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:06 pm

Starz,

I believe that it was out of date. I loaded the latest patch before I posted my query. The program has a current build date now. However, I still cannot access the workfile.

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Postby EViews Gareth » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:13 pm

The workfile has almost certainly become corrupted, and it is unlikely that it can be completely saved.

Your best bet is to use the backup copy (By default EViews saves a backup copy of your workfile in the same directory, but with a .~f1 extension rather than a .wf1 extension. You can rename the ~f1 file to be a wf1 file, and EViews should open it fine).
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

Ronman23

Postby Ronman23 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:00 pm

I will certainly attempt this. Thank you very much for your help.

QMS Gareth wrote:The workfile has almost certainly become corrupted, and it is unlikely that it can be completely saved.

Your best bet is to use the backup copy (By default EViews saves a backup copy of your workfile in the same directory, but with a .~f1 extension rather than a .wf1 extension. You can rename the ~f1 file to be a wf1 file, and EViews should open it fine).

Return to “Bug Reports”