Edb to wf1 - Eviews 9 crash

For notifying us of what you believe are bugs or errors in EViews.
Please ensure your copy of EViews is up-to-date before posting.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

jfgeli

Edb to wf1 - Eviews 9 crash

Postby jfgeli » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:07 am

Hi there, my version of Eviews has been consistently crashing when I (manually, not programatically) try to select all and export series from an Eviews database to an open workfile. I can perform the same operation using version 8.1. I attached the db. Is there any issue related to my system I should pay attention to?

Eviews: 64 bits Nov 16 2015 build

Cheers,

Fede
Attachments
Plantilla_DSA.zip
(202.82 KiB) Downloaded 273 times

EViews Jason
EViews Developer

Re: Edb to wf1 - Eviews 9 crash

Postby EViews Jason » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:11 am

You mentioned you are exporting to an already open workfile. Can you also post the workfile as well?

Exporting the series to a new untitled workfile does not crash.

jfgeli

Postby jfgeli » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:48 am

Maybe I was not completely accurate. I get the error when exporting to an already opened workfile, yes. However, I get the same error when try to see which files are in the db using the filter. It is like it does not allow me to operate anything with the file. I am sending you two snapshopts. First I open the db using the menu. Then I double click in the top right corner of the db window. When I press enter to see the files I get a message from Windows 7 "Eviews needs to be closed..."
I have Eviews installed in a different computer (but with the same software: w7 sp1 pro 64bits 16gb ram) and it works fine (although Eviews 8 is way faster for db operations). I guess it is something related with my system but I can´t figure out what.
Attachments
Step2.JPG
Step2.JPG (51.44 KiB) Viewed 6238 times
Step1.JPG
Step1.JPG (77.1 KiB) Viewed 6238 times

EViews Jason
EViews Developer

Postby EViews Jason » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:17 pm

Are you experiencing problems with all databases or just the one? In your screenshots, you are using reg_dsa_out but the zip file you attached in the original post has the reg_dsa_inp database.

I am also a confused about your last post. You said "First I open the db using the menu. Then I double click in the top right corner of the db window". Which db window are you referring to? The one titled 'easy query' or 'EViews databasae: reg_dsa_out ...'. By top right corner, do you mean the 'X' button?

You also said "When I press enter to see the files I get a message...", I presume you mean you are pressing the enter key while the ''easy query' window is open and therefore performing the query. Is that correct?

jfgeli

Postby jfgeli » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:28 am

Hi there,
Yes, any db gives me issues (sorry for using two different ones in the example...) . And yes, I get the error when I hit enter in the filter window. I access the filter window by double-clicking on top of where it says "packable space ..."), not the X to close.
I recorded a small video. I think I might help to explain my problem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK4nyL2 ... e=youtu.be

EViews Jason
EViews Developer

Postby EViews Jason » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:31 pm

It will be fixed in the next patch.

The problem is double clicking the header portion of the window (the blue area) to perform a query. Until the patch is released, pressing the EasyQuery button will perform the same actions but without the crash :D

jfgeli

Postby jfgeli » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:42 am

Excellent :)
Many thanks!

Return to “Bug Reports”