[Eviews 9] Exporting data to Excel by Add-in

For notifying us of what you believe are bugs or errors in EViews.
Please ensure your copy of EViews is up-to-date before posting.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

MauricioBarbosa

[Eviews 9] Exporting data to Excel by Add-in

Postby MauricioBarbosa » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:55 am

Hi.

I've got a upgraded version of Eviews last week. I used Eviews 7 and I had no problem with exporting data to excel from wf1 by using Add-ins.

The updated version broke my links (so the older links are no longer available to use) and I can't build no links.
When i tried the "get data" buttom in the add-in, It actually opens a purple cell "ExternalData_1:Getting Data" and it simply doesn't get anything, don't matter how long it take.

I use excel 2007 and Eviews 9- 64bits.

Could someone help me please?

Kind regards,
Mauricio

EViews Steve
EViews Developer

Re: [Eviews 9] Exporting data to Excel by Add-in

Postby EViews Steve » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:46 am

Hi Mauricio:

There are a few things to check for:

1. Make sure you have the latest patch installed for EViews 9. The original release (build date older than April 20, 2015) had a problem with the add-in looking for an older license. You can install the latest patch (as long as you have local admin rights) by running EViews and selecting Help->EViews Update. Once updated, try your spreadsheet again.

2. Make sure our new add-in is installed and registered properly. Run EViews and type in "REGCOMPONENTS" into the EViews command window and hit Enter. You should see a Register Components dialog appear -- scroll the list all the way to the bottom and you should see "Excel 2007 Add In". It should say "Installed". Also you should see two entries for "OLEDB Provider". Both should say "Registered". Click the "Yes (All)" button to re-register everything.

3. When you run Excel, if it asks you to enable an installed EViews add-in, click on Yes. Once started, you should see an Add Ins ribbon tab and on it you should see the newer add-in group that has icons for each option (for example, there should be an EViews application icon next to "Get Data"). If you don't see these icons and you still only see the older "EViews" dropdown menu, you'll have to enable the new EViews add-in from the Excel Add Ins dialog. The new add-in is listed under "COM Add-Ins".

Steve

EViews Steve
EViews Developer

Re: [Eviews 9] Exporting data to Excel by Add-in

Postby EViews Steve » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:52 am

Mauricio:

Another thing:

If you have 32-bit Office and you only installed EViews 9 64-bit -- office will look for a 32-bit version of the add-in first before using the 64-bit.

EViews 9 64-bit installs with both 32-bit and 64-bit of the OLEDB provider (used by the add-in) but it only registers the 32-bit if you don't have a 32-bit version of EViews already installed on the same machine (such as EViews 7). If you still have EViews 7 files on your machine, but you don't have the 7 license anymore, that could cause a problem as well.

The easiest way to overcome this problem is to uninstall EViews 7 or install EViews 9 32-bit as well (you can have both 32-bit and 64-bit EViews installed on the same machine using the same license). This will resolve this possible issue.

Steve

Return to “Bug Reports”