BVAR make model

For notifying us of what you believe are bugs or errors in EViews.
Please ensure your copy of EViews is up-to-date before posting.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

tvpvar

BVAR make model

Postby tvpvar » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:32 am

Dear EViews Mods,
Using the attached workfile, I estimated a BVAR and created a model object with the intention of using the model for forecasting. I used the following commands:

Code: Select all

smpl @all
var mvar.bvar(prior=lit, initcov=full, l1=0.1, l2=0.1, l3=0.5) 1 1 y d(p) d(i)
mvar.makemodel(mod)

However, upon checking the model object, it seems that only the coefficients for the 1st equation are saved in the model object while the coefficients for the 2nd and 3rd equations are all equal to 0. Can anyone help me figure out why this is the case? Thanks!
Attachments
data.wf1
(15.04 KiB) Downloaded 226 times

tvpvar

Re: BVAR make model

Postby tvpvar » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:37 am

Just an update, I tried estimating the BVAR and creating the model object using the drop-down menus. When I name the BVAR object before creating the model, the same problem occurs. However, when I let the BVAR object remain unnamed, all the coefficients in the BVAR are copied in the model object. So I guess the error is due to the naming of the BVAR object. Is there a way of estimating the BVAR through the command line without having to name it so that I can work around this bug?

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Postby EViews Gareth » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:17 am

What's the build date of your copy of EViews (Help->About EViews)
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

tvpvar

Postby tvpvar » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:27 am

It's as of Jun 19 2013. I saw a previous post which had the same problem and all I need is to update to the latest build. However, I'm using EViews from the university's library and updating is disabled. I've already emailed our IT office regarding this matter but I guess it will take some time before they update it for the university's entire network.

Return to “Bug Reports”