Some data/graph features would be logical

For making suggestions and/or requests for new features you'd like added to EViews.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

Tatha

Some data/graph features would be logical

Postby Tatha » Tue May 21, 2013 4:53 am

Further to my recent post appreciating the addition of several features in Eviews 8, I would like to record some further requests, most of which should be only a step away, given the additions made in ver 8:

1. We now have interactive X-axis scaling (the slider for smpl). Why not the same for Y-axes? Would be great to visually fine-tune manual scaling.

2. Now that arrows have been added to graph annotation, how about a circle/oval object to draw attention to specific clusters etc.

3. Now that we have ‘live graphs’, it would be great to be able to drag-n-drop series (drag a variable name from workfile or database onto a chart to add it).

4. The series used in the graph should be visible as ‘live’ variables in a sub-menu, and it would be great to replace series with others, add transformations (e.g. @movav, @pcy etc) in that sub-menu. This is different from the present facility to view the series info in ‘legends’ sub-menu which only allows text replacement.

5. It would be great if we could retain custom series labels when altering underlying series in a dated data table.

6. I have requested this in the past: in the dated data table function, we need a ‘year-to-date’ % change function, which limits the previous year’s average to the same months that data are available this year. At present, it averages the entire past year (and hence, calculates a ‘seasonally unadjusted’ % change, from which we can’t conclude much).

Many thanks in advance,
Tatha

Tatha

Re: Some data/graph features would be logical

Postby Tatha » Tue May 21, 2013 6:15 am

Sorry, just realised that many of my requests mirror ChrisFM below....

Return to “Suggestions and Requests”