labelling graphs

For making suggestions and/or requests for new features you'd like added to EViews.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

startz
Non-normality and collinearity are NOT problems!

labelling graphs

Postby startz » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:42 pm

It would ne nice if some of the more sophisticated graph types stuck in a text legend identifying themselves, at least as an option. After I've made a graph I have trouble remembering whether it was a kernel density, histogram edge ploygon, chocolate chip ice cream cone, or what.

Another alternative would be to stick the information in the label, although this would be complicated by the relation between unfrozen and frozen graphs and what the freeze button does.

EViews Glenn
EViews Developer

Re: labelling graphs

Postby EViews Glenn » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:47 pm

If, in the examples given, you take the distribution graph and change the "Legend labels:" option from "Default" to "Detailed", you will get a lot more identifying information. I think this will give you what you want.

startz
Non-normality and collinearity are NOT problems!

Re: labelling graphs

Postby startz » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:02 pm

QMS Glenn wrote:If, in the examples given, you take the distribution graph and change the "Legend labels:" option from "Default" to "Detailed", you will get a lot more identifying information. I think this will give you what you want.

It certainly gets me what I need, but what I want is for EViews to read my mind :)

(Any chance this should be setable from global graphics options?)

Return to “Suggestions and Requests”