how to make block comments?

For making suggestions and/or requests for new features you'd like added to EViews.

Moderators: EViews Gareth, EViews Moderator

cap

how to make block comments?

Postby cap » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:07 am

Hello,

How does one section off a whole block of code as a comment? Also, when typing in a program window, is there a way to highlight several lines of text and then comment/uncomment all of it?

On a side note, for such a trivial question I had hoped the documentation would have been able to answer it, but searching for "comments" yields a different topic.

Thanks,
-cap

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Re: how to make block comments?

Postby EViews Gareth » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:23 am

Unfortunately there isn't currently a way to comment multiple lines at once. Its something we're probably going to add for EViews 7 (believe me, it drives me nuts not having this feature!)

If you just want to be able to select some code and have EViews ignore it, you can always put an if condition around it. This won't work if you truly want multiple line comments though.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

cap

Postby cap » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:33 am

Ok, well thanks for the info. I would also add that the ability to block indent/unindent would be useful as well.

EViews Gareth
Fe ddaethom, fe welon, fe amcangyfrifon

Postby EViews Gareth » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:18 pm

Totally agree.
Follow us on Twitter @IHSEViews

Mailu

Postby Mailu » Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:11 am

Let me suggest also that an autoformatting tool would be also appreciated, like in Visual Studio. And the best thing for the users that write some code, I think, would be some intelli sence.
Thank you

Return to “Suggestions and Requests”